About Hannah Grady
"I believe there is hope and redemption to be
experienced even in the most painful of situations."
Hi there and welcome!
If you have found my page, you are probably at a unique time on your parenting journey. By the time most find themselves reaching out for support, they have likely spent time reading books, scouring websites for ideas, and drifting through their days fighting waves of sadness, confusion, fear, and disappointment.
For many of us, parenting hasn’t ended up being the journey we envisioned when we first laid eyes on our child, in the variety of ways they come into our lives.
I never imagined I would parent a child with a rage disorder, or a child with a serious medical disease (requiring infusions with side effects more ominous than the disease itself), or a child with ADD, or a child with a crippling learning disorder, or a child that mocked me while threatening suicide.
I could go on, but you get it!
There’s nothing quite like parenting a challenging or hurting child to stretch your courage to limits never before known.
When one of my children “tanks,” emotionally or medically, there are times when it seems that nothing I do turns the situation around and I find myself in a helpless place. It is in those moments that I realized how deeply valuable it is to have someone listen without judgement, to walk along the dark road with, and to provide hope that the story can still have a redemptive ending.
My heart’s desire is that through Raisin Amazin coaching services, you find the hope and support that you are seeking while you raise a challenging child.
Although we cannot predict the future for your child, I can assure you that while we work together for the sake of your child, you will never feel judged. In fact, I can almost guarantee that whatever feelings you have experienced (from parenting “wins” to parenting “fails’), I have experienced them in some way too. I also believe there is hope and redemption to be experienced even – no, especially – in the most painful of situations.
A Few Qualifications –
- I am without a doubt fully human. This puts us all on level ground.
- I have birthed two children who are currently teens (so far we have all survived), am the step-mother to two girls with beautiful souls, and have “heart adopted” a daughter (Check out her story in my Blog section: Amari’s Story).
- Certified Parent and Family Coach from Impact Coaching Academy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from University of Washington and a Master’s Degree in Counseling from Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon.
- Counseled children in group and private practices (2003-2012) focusing on children and adolescents with early childhood trauma and adoption issues. Diagnoses of these children ranged from Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Adjustment Disorders, Depression, and Anxiety.
- Taught psychology classes at Concordia University as an adjunct professor (2009-2010)
- Respite provider to more than 70 challenging children since Raisin Amazin founded in 2012.
- Developed a complete coaching program for parents and families
- Children's Program Developer and Director for Camp Revolution Ministries
It is my sincere prayer that Raisin Amazin will allow me to serve as a parent and family coach to hurting families from all around the world. Each new family is truly an honor to partner with. I never stop believing in the full redemption that is available to each and every one of us.
Thank you for allowing me to be part of your family’s journey.