About Hannah Grady
"I believe there is hope and redemption to be
experienced even in the most painful of situations."
Hi there and welcome!
If you have found my page, you are probably at a unique time on your parenting journey. By the time most find themselves reaching out for support, they have likely spent time reading books, scouring websites for ideas, and drifting through their days fighting waves of sadness, confusion, fear, and disappointment.
Or, you may be here because you want to know more about neurofeedback and how it can help your own brain. Whatever reason you are here, I truly desire that you can find renewed hope.
For many of us, parenting hasn’t ended up being the journey we envisioned when we first laid eyes on our child, in the variety of ways they come into our lives.
I never imagined I would parent a child with a rage disorder, or a child with a serious medical disease (requiring infusions with side effects more ominous than the disease itself), or a child with ADD, or a child with a crippling learning disorder, or a child that mocked me while threatening suicide.
I could go on, but you get it!
There’s nothing quite like parenting a challenging or hurting child to stretch your courage to limits never before known.
When one of my children “tanks,” emotionally or medically, there are times when it seems that nothing I do turns the situation around and I find myself in a helpless place. It is in those moments that I realized how deeply valuable it is to have someone listen without judgement, to walk along the dark road with, and to provide hope that the story can still have a redemptive ending.
My heart’s desire is that through coaching and/or the neurofeedback services offered here, you find the hope and support that you are seeking.
If you are here for support in raising a challenging child, I have one last thought. Although we cannot predict the future for your child, I can assure you that while we work together for the sake of your child, you will never feel judged. In fact, I can almost guarantee that whatever feelings you have experienced (from parenting “wins” to parenting “fails’), I have experienced them in some way too. I also believe there is hope and redemption to be experienced even – no, especially – in the most painful of situations.
A Few Qualifications (in no particular order) –
- I am without a doubt fully human. This puts us all on level ground.
- I have been a parent, raising children in multiple ways: birth children, step-children, and heart children. Right now I'm an empty nester.
- Certified Parent and Family Coach from Impact Coaching Academy
- Trained through Brain-Trainer in neurofeedback.
- Respite provider to more than 70 challenging children (there's nothing quite like living with challenging children!)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from University of Washington and a Master’s Degree in Counseling from Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon.
- Supported hundreds of hurting children and families, particularly those with early traumatic experiences of adoption
- Taught psychology classes at Concordia University as an adjunct professor
It is my sincere prayer that Raisin Amazin will allow me to serve as a parent & family coach and neurofeedback provider to hurting families from all around the world. Each new family is truly an honor to partner with. I never stop believing in the full redemption that is available to each and every one of us.
Thank you for allowing me to be part of your family’s journey.